Saturday, September 25, 2010

100 Word Review: A Great And Terrible Beauty


A Great and Terrible Beauty
by Libba Bray


Not great...Not beautiful...Mostly terrible...

The characters never really come together and were
unlikable, unsympathetic, and lifeless.

Just whining, pouting, teenagers each chapter.

Silly...Dull...Disjointed...Scattered...Confusing...

Concepts not explained throughly.

Lost my interest very early.

No moral compass.

Very inappropriate at times, especially for young teens.

Seeks to hit every modern "edgy" issue (the occult, homosexuality, cutting) even if unrelated to the plot.

Sad to say this is the first book I read on my new Kindle.  :(

Difficult to finish.

I will not read the sequels.

Wasted my money.   Don't waste yours.

I still LOVE my Kindle. :)

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY, someone else feels the same way I do about this book! I had a ton of issues with it. I'm glad you mentioned the inappropriateness - I was shocked when I saw it listed on a blog as a "clean read." Um, yeah, right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, but I loved this book! :) And the two books that follow it.

    I like the first sentence of your review though.

    ReplyDelete