Saturday, September 25, 2010

100 Word Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne collins

Like many of you who are fans of The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, I COULD NOT WAIT for the release of Mockingjay back in August (Tuesday, the 24th to be exact).  I pre-ordered the book from Amazon in June, received it on the August 25th, and tore into it.  I would like to say that I've been pondering this final book of the series for the last month before writing this review, but I've just been too busy to blog.  With work and graduate school and, oh yeah, kids, blogging has slipped on the priority ladder.  So, now that everyone has already read Mockingjay and half of you have written your own reviews full of literary analysis and expert criticisms, I will throw in my 100 words...exactly 100 words.  No spoilers below.  Oh, and if you're one of the few people who hasn't read this series, you might want to try it.  It's not for everyone, but it was sooooo for me.

     
100 Word Review....

Heartbreaking...

Haunting...Chilling...

Intense...

Brutal...Dark...

Painful...

Superbly written. 

Unpredicatable

Moments of greatness...

A YA book about so much more than teenage angst or romantic love.

What must a society be willing to lose to defeat evil?

A complex, heartwrenching, story with a cast of well defined characters and a suspenseful storyline.

A war story full of sacrifice and impossible choices.

A brave, strong, heroine (so rare in a YA book).

Buttercup (I cried)...

A fitting ending to an utterly amazing story.

Not what I expected...better!

I devoured this book.

By the way, I now dislike roses.  You too?

1 comment:

  1. i got mockingjay the first day it was out at barnes and noble & still have not read it. only because i do not want the books to end. i keep telling myself... if i don't read it, the books will never be over. hahaha.
    but i might start it soon...

    ReplyDelete