Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010

Katrina @ Callapidder Days is sponsoring her annual Fall Into Reading challenge.  I enjoyed the Spring Reading challenge, so I thought I'd participate in this challenge as well.  Because I'm in graduate school and working full time (not to mention raising two kids), I'm keeping my list reasonable.  I hope to finish these books and maybe a couple more by the end of the challenge (December 20th).  This is a no pressure challenge and it's fun to see what the other participants are reading.  You can challenge yourself to a few books or a dozen--it doesn't matter.  I'm always looking for books to add to my "To Be Read" pile (like it's not big enough already).  I'll post my reviews of the books as I finish them and post a summary in December.  Why don't you join the challenge, too?  Just click on this link


1.  World Without End by Ken Follett:  After reading The Pillars of the Earth for the Spring Reading challenge, I had to pick the sequel for this challenge.  It takes place in the same town as Pillars, but 200 years later.  Follett is a master writer who really does his historical research.  This book is a little over 1000 pages, so I think it should count as 3 entries.  But, the way Follett writes, I won't be able to put it down.  


2.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson:  I guess I'm one of the few people who hasn't read this book.  I've seen it everywhere and the reviews are promising.  It's the first of a trilogy.  If I like it, at least I won't have to wait for the sequels to be released (as I did for Mockingjay).  The third one was released in May.

3.  Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo:  I'm in the mood for a good thriller, and I've heard this is a great one.  It's set in Ohio Amish country where a serial killer is on the loose.  The female police chief left the Amish faith and knows a secret that involves the case.  Could be interesting...I'll let you know.




4.  Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers:  I really love Francine Rivers' other books, especially Redeeming Love, so I'm looking forward to this book.  It has great reviews and is the first of a two part series.  Francine Rivers is one of the best out there for telling great stories with captivating characters.  I'm sure this book will not disappoint.



Well, that's it.  A short list, but I'll be spending most of my time reading books for my master's classes.  Believe me, they're not near as exciting. 
I hope you'll join the challenge.  Tell your friends.  The more, the merrier.  

2 comments:

  1. I really, really enjoyed Her Mother's Hope and can hardly wait to get into the sequel which was just released.

    Sworn to Silence sounds very interesting. I'll have to add it to my want to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo what a fun list! I loved World Without End!! The girl with the dragon tattoo was good once it got going. Don't give up on it (I was tempted).

    ReplyDelete