Thursday, October 28, 2010

100 Word Review: Her Mother's Hope

I really enjoy reading Francine Rivers.  Redeeming Love is one of my all-time favorite books.  She's a master storyteller and does great historical research for her epic novels.  You can't read a Rivers book without learning a lot.  Her Mother's Hope does not disappoint and I'm looking forward to the sequel, Her Daughter's Dream.  Here's my 100 word review of Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers.

Epic story of the complicated relationship between a mother and daughter.
 
A fear-driven mother, determined her daughter will not repeat the past.

A daughter who has never felt the love and acceptance of her mother.

Emotionally gripping...
Thought provoking...
Raw...
Painful...
Powerful...

Realistic, genuine, flaw-filled characters...


Made me think about the way I talk to and treat my husband and children.

Cutting words...Biting tone of voice...Perceptions and assumptions...Dangerous for relationships...

A lesson in faith, the power of prayer, and redemption.

A bit rushed in the last few chapters, but an engrossing and well-written story.

(100)

1 comment:

  1. I've actually struggled with Francine Rivers lately. I found that Her Mother’s Hope didn’t have very much hope at all. After writing my own review (which you can read at www.tracysbooknook.com ) I went out and read about 50 other reviews, and 50 out of 50 loved this book. I guess there’s always one in the crowd who doesn’t fit in – and this time it’s me. :-(

    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete