Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spring Reading Thing Wrap-up...

Even though studying for my grad school comprehensive exam and beginning my new job seemed to take over my life for the past six weeks, I did manage to complete my Spring Reading Thing 2011 list.  It helped to have a long car trip to Disney World where I finished three of my five choices.  I am, however, wayyyyyyy behind in my 100 Word Book Reviews, but plan to catch up on those soon.  Here's my wrap-up:

Elizabeth Street by Laurie Fabiano
Liked it.  Didn't love it.  For some reason, this one took me forever to read.  Interesting and well written. 








After the Leaves Fall by Nicole Baart
Liked it.  Didn't love it.  I do think Baart is a good storyteller and I did appreciate the issues addressed in this story.

These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf
Liked it.  Didn't love it.  Things just became too coincidental and predictable for me. 

Mockingbird by Katherine Erskine

Absolutely LOVED it!  What a special book!  My daughter and I both read it and it's on her summer reading list for 6th grade.  I can see why this book is getting lots of praise and awards.  Well deserved.

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
Really liked it.  A good mystery with southern flair.  Too much bad language for my liking, but not gratuitous.  A great story about choices, assumptions, and friendships. 



Thanks again to Katrina at Callapidder Days for hosting this reading challenge.  I'll be back for Fall Into Reading 2011.  Happy summer reading!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on reading a few for pleasure in the midst of studying and a new job. Hope you have a relaxing summer.

    ReplyDelete