Wednesday, March 21, 2012

100 Word Review: The Fault In Our Stars

It's been a long time since I read a book that captured me simply with the dialogue between the characters and the emotion the author brought forth in me. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green was a wonderful surprise find (thanks Amazon recommendations). It's a wonderful read that I highly recommend.

Here's my 100 word review of The Fault In Our Stary: by John Green:

"The world is not a wish granting factory."
If it were, cancer wouldn't exist.
And then, Hazel Grace Lancaster would never have met Augustus Waters.

Their story is genuine,
heartwrenching,
laugh-out-loud funny,
moving,
deep,
a touch irreverent,
tragic,
and completely entertaining.

The story of Hazel and Augustus speaks to anyone who has ever been touched by the injustice of cancer.
This book is not sappy or "cheesy".
The dialogue is real "teenager talk" without falling into silly and shallow.

Green makes you want to read more, even if it hurts.
I, for one, will read more John Green.

(100)

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who read this book and she absolutely loved it, too. Will make sure to get me a copy soon. :)

    ReplyDelete