Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Reading Thing 2012...

As you can see by my many months of no blogs at all, I've been a bit busy.  More than a bit, actually.  The new job of high school principal is more time consuming than I could have ever imagined and graduate school attempted to kick my hind end.  The job is no less time absorbing, but...wait for it...I'M FINISHED WITH GRAD SCHOOL!!!!!  It took seventeen months and every spare minute was dedicated to finishing.  Now, I can get back to reading whatever I want!
 
That's why I'm really excited about the Spring Reading Thing hosted by Katrina @ Callapidder Days.  I wasn't able to participate in her fall reading challenge, so I've got myself a pretty good list for Spring.  In fact, I've spent so much time looking for books to read I could have read many of them already. 

I always look forward to this challenge and seeing what everyone else is reading.  The reading challenge lasts from March 20th-June 20th.  You should join the fun.  There's no pressure and just enough accountability.  Hopefully the books I've chosen are great.  I'll let you know in June.
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley (3rd in the series--very delightfully British)
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Defending Jacob by William Landay

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (comes out May 1st--the sequel to Divergent--Can't Wait!!!)
Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran
 
The Passage by Justin Cronin


The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff




8 comments:

  1. I have The Peach Keeper on e-loan from the library waiting for my on my Kindle. Planning on reading it for the challenge as well. I have also heard really good things about The Fault in Our Stars and Between Shades of Gray. Great list!!

    Happy Spring! Have fun reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 19th Wife is on my library for later list. Enjoy all your spring reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic list. The Veronica Roth series is especially intriguing!

    Happy Reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have chosen some great titles! I can't wait for Insurgent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, Sarah Addison Allen has a new one out? Yet another title to add to my to-read list. Looks like you're going to have some reading fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! There are a lot of books on here that I've been wanting to read also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great list you have! Want to read everything on your list! :)

    ReplyDelete