Thursday, April 26, 2012

100 Word Review: Defending Jacob

I love a smart legal thriller, and I guess that's one way to describe Defending Jacob by William Landay.  It's really much more than a legal thriller...a family drama, even. 

While I was reading, I kept seeing the movie version playing in my head.  Of course, my movie version includes Matthew McConaughey in a lead role (even though he fits none of the physical descriptions of any of the characters).  Ever since the movie A Time to Kill, Matthew McConaughey has played a lawyer in the in-my-head-movie-version of every legal thriller I've read. 
Maybe that's why I like legal thrillers.  Hmmmmm....


Anyway, Defending Jacob is a great read.  I really enjoyed the unique story and I bet you will, too. 

Here's my 100 word review:  

A shocking crime...
A surprise suspect...
A career destroyed...
A bloodline exposed...

Landay forces readers to ask many questions:
How well do you know your child?
Should you doubt the one you love?
How far will you go to protect your family?
What will you do with the truth?
And...
Are murderers born, or are they made?

This book is:
Gripping...Spellbinding...Intense...Suspenseful...Enthralling...
Powerful...Disturbing...Complex...Riveting...

Masterfully written with plot twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat.
Landay pulls you in and won't let you go, even to the very last word.

(100)


And, one for the road...



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog recently; I appreciate it. Your life seems busy and interesting from reading your profile...LOL

    I really enjoyed listening to this audio book; the ending was so surprising.

    ReplyDelete