Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Into Reading 2012 Challenge

It's my favorite time of year:  FALL! 
Pumpkin Spice Latte, cool crisp mornings, camp fires, festivals, football, soups, sweaters, and....the annual Fall Into Reading Challenge from Katrina @ Callapiddar Days.  I've really stepped up my reading since finishing graduate school last February (can I get an AMEN!!!), so I'm going to set some high goals for myself this fall.  The challenge runs from today, September 22nd, through December 21st.  All you do is pick what you want to read, read, and report on how you did.  No pressure, but just enough accountability to get the pages turning.  The challenge is also a great way to find books to read through the other participants. 
I think this is my third time to participate in the FIR challenge, but I've also participated in Katrina's Spring Reading Thing challenges.  Thanks bunches to Katrina for hosting again and encouraging others to set reading goals.  Happy reading and Happy Fall!
 
Here's my Fall Into Reading Challenge list for 2012:

Fiction
The Witness by Nora Roberts

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (faculty book club October selection)

A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy #2) by Ken Follett

The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker

Mary and O'Neil:  A Novel in Stories by Justin Cronin

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey

Nonfiction
Kisses from Katie:  A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie J. Davis (faculty book club November selection)

The Gifts of Imperfection:  Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown

Bonhoeffer:  Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas

Pathways to the Common Core:  Accelrating Achievement by Lucy Calkins, et al








11 comments:

  1. Good luck with the challenge! I'm taking part too, and am following you on GFC. I look forward to reading about your progress =D
    Rinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great selection of books for your challenge. Good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of books! The book about Bonhoeffer and "Kisses From Katie" are on my list of books I want to read some day also. I've heard plenty of good reviews about them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this a fun challenge?! I've been seeing A Monster Calls in several different venues and I'm about to add it to my TBR list. Kisses From Katie was quite inspiring, and I thought Metaxas did an outstanding job with Bonhoeffer's biography.

    Looks to me like you have a great fall reading ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I haven't read any of these. Well, I read part of the Bonhoeffer book. And I have Age of Miracles in my "want to read" wish list on Amazon. Looks like you have some fun variety for your fall reading. Thanks for being part of FIR '12!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kisses from Katie is on quite a few lists. I'm sure it will be awesome if it's anything like her blog. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kisses from Katie is on my list this fall too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your list looks great! I still need to read "Fall of Giants". It's been sitting on my shelf for quite awhile now. Of course, now it's going to have to wait until after this reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm... pumpkin spice lattes. Yum!! And congrats on finishing grad school!

    I hope you enjoy Bonhoeffer! I thought it was a fantastic book and hope to read it again at some point.

    Happy reading!
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, those cool crisp mornings are my favourites! The ones where the sun is shining and everyone has rosy cheeks! I adored The Snow Child when I read it earlier this year, and I have The Age of Miracles waiting temptingly on Mount TBR... Happy fall, happy reading, and good luck! :)

    Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl
    http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your blog! Is there anyway I can contact you about possible review titles. Please email me kenya(dot)walker@us(dot)penguingroup(dot)com

    ReplyDelete